Wednesday 12 December 2012

Chinese Dinner: HOTPOT!

It's been over a week since our kitchen roof started leaking... and it's still not fixed yet! So I was really happy that one of my friend's dad organised hotpot for everyone on Monday! 

Those who don't know what hotpot is...


"Hotpot (also know as Chinese fondue/steamboat) revers to several varieties of East Asian stew, consisting of a simmering metal pot of stock at the center of the dining table. While the hot pot is kept simmering, ingredients are placed into the pot and are cooked at the table." (Wikipedia)

Looks like this...



This is what ours looked like.



We had to pots, the one you can see clearly is the spicy pot (I had that pot about 80% of the time and I DON'T eat spicy foods, but I thought I should train myself for Singapore next year) and the pot at the very end was the non-spicy one. 

Check out all the beef!!!! That was my favourite :D According to David (the person who organised and hosted) we ate ALOT of beef. No surprise there since it was so good.



That was all the pictures I took before digging into the food. I was so hungry! And my womanly instincts means that I was of course the last one to stop eating! I only stopped because everyone else did though :P 

After dinner, we had a game of UNO!! 


This game is oldschool! It was the game of my childhood :D I remember my first UNO pack was the Harry Potter one. I loved it! Unfortunately, I have no idea where it is now. Then there was the UNO machine which spits cards at you with the press of the button. Now that was COOL. 

But coming back from the childhood memories...

We had a couple of intense games of UNO. This was quick, fast paced... You get cards if you're not quick enough hahaha. It was really good and everyone laughed so much and we were all so loud and happy. That was a good night! Hopefully there will be more happy nights to come! 


No comments:

Post a Comment